Speed Doors as Agricultural Doors
Versatility is a main feature of the Eco-Strip Roller Door. Its use as Internal and External Agricultural Doors is one example.
⇐ Originally; a sectional door divided the room; but, it suffered impact damage. Like for like was an option. However; the customer wanted to find a door better suited for the purpose. To maintain a relatively cool, and, more importantly, clean area for the storage of fruit. In addition; full visability was essential. The Eco-Strip was the solution.
“Great service and quite quick response!”
Versatility, not to mention, quality of build and the technology; is shown in the Vertical Farm Facility at Intelligent Growth Solutions.
After initially seeing the Eco-Strips on our website; namely, the Thanet Earth installations; Intelligent Growth contacted us.
Working closely with IGS; Lotinga designed a protoype for the indoor farm. As a result; the Eco-Strip was featured permanently in the machine.
Due to the fact the farm uses UV lights; to protect eyes, the curtain had to be made of a specific material. In addition; speed was essential to allow robots inside the facility to move around freely. Automation of the doors was wired directly into the system; enabling the machine to operate them.
But; it was the Thanet Earth installation which made us realise, just how useful the Eco-Strips could be as Agricultural Doors; especially, when working beside robots. (As seen in the example video below)
Overall, Eco-Strips are not just great for using as Agricultural Doors; indeed; there are many reasons to chose an Eco-Strip installation.
- Very Versatile - Can be used for a range of different applications and environments
- Instant pass for people or vehicles (optional)
- Reduces heat loss
- Controls air and dust coming into the building
- Reduces noise pollution
- Allows maximum natural light into the building
- Manufactured from heavy duty and durable PVC
- Energy Saver
- High Speed (if required)
- Cheaper repair bills than traditional canvas speed doors (if the curtain is damaged, often only the damaged strips will require replacing, not the entire curtain).
- Many different forms of automation.
- Self supporting option available for temporary buildings.
Lotinga Doors Latest News
Agricultural Door News Updates